dnata is an international provider of ground handling services present in 48 locations across 11 countries with its head office in Dubai. dnata Switzerland has been providing ground handling services at the international airports of Zurich and Geneva for over 50 years.
We are looking for a qualified
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As Chief Operating Officer you are responsible together with your Deputy for dnata’s operation at our airports in Switzerland and the successful growth of the two stations in full compliance with dnata’s internal business goals, strategies and budget guidelines.
Your main Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the ground service units (Ramp Services, Passenger Services, Cargo) as well as the support functions (Planning, GSE, Quality and Training) at the stations in Zurich and Geneva
- Ensure compliance with dnata’s high service performance and safety standards and values
- As COO you participate in board of directors, executive management and other forums and you take an active part in developing dnata’s strategy for Switzerland
- Ensure compliance with budget / financial guidelines of dnata Switzerland AG and actively drive the resource efficiency and productivity in both stations
- Act as a strong leader and coach to build up a powerful middle management team and cultivate a strong business relationship and cooperation with our customers and airport partners
- Maintain strong communication across all internal functions within the key principals (finance, operations, quality, safety, HR)
Participate in key account acquisitions
Who you are
You want to work in a performance-oriented environment and demonstrate your leadership and management qualities through your entrepreneurial spirit. You have the ability to see the big picture and think outside the box. Mutual respect and the exchange of opinions with all levels of hierarchy are important to you.
- Have a proven track record at operational managerial level in the aviation industry (ground handling, cargo, airline or airport) for at least 5 years
- Have a further technical or economic education with a recognised business qualification and a good sense of figures (budget, forecast, reporting)
- The ability to lead and develop people at all levels, in heterogeneous environments and in different situations while maintaining empathy, consistency and transparency strong customer service orientation
- Analytical skills, structured way of working and problem solving, setting the right priorities
- German or French is your native language and you have very good command of written and spoken English
Can do attitude, solution-orientation and entrepreneurial spirit
The job holder reports to the CEO and will be based at Zurich or Geneva Airport. The vacancy for the deputy position is available as well and will be based in the other station. Travel is restricted to visit the stations in Switzerland regularly.
Should you be interested, please send your complete application file, by e-mail only (avoid
hotmail addresses) to email@example.com (word, pdf or jpg format).
In order to be able to consider your application, please mention the title of the position and
the reference (Réf.) in the subject of your e-mail.