dnata is an international provider of ground handling services present in 48 locations across 11 countries with its head office in Dubai. dnata Switzerland has been providing ground handling services at the international airports of Zurich and Geneva for over 50 years.
We are looking for a qualified
Manager Ground Logistics Geneva 100% (w/m)
The Manager Ground Logistics is responsible for the operational, financial and resource management of the Ground Logistics department in full compliance with customer requirements and dnata’s internal business goals, strategies and guidelines. This includes the line management function for all staff working in the department.
The Ground Logistics Department covers the following ground services functions: Operations, Load Control and Emergency Response Planning, Aircraft Handling and Ground Movement, Baggage Sorting and Transport, Aircraft Cleaning, Aircraft De-Icing.
• Line management of the department’s workforce, to include recruitment, career and training planning, qualification and disciplinary matters
• Ensuring the department’s full compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, company’s policies and regulations as well as agreed service standards and customer requirements
• Efficient management and constant optimization of resource allocation: Staffing levels, infrastructure, equipment etc.
• Drafting and implementation of the internal organizational structure of the department
• Meeting financial and operational performance targets as set by the management board
• Support the development of innovative services and business solutions to increase efficiency and customer satisfaction
• Responsibility for dnata’s Emergency Response Readiness, including membership in the airport crisis reaction team (Steering)
• Business Continuity Planning for all core functions of the department
• To represent dnata in various internal and external expert groups
• Working on/managing projects as assigned by the company
Who you are:
You want to work in a performance-oriented environment and demonstrate your leadership qualities through entrepreneurial initiative. You have the ability to see the big picture. Mutual respect and the exchange of opinions among all levels of hierarchy are important to you.
In this key function, you combine your operational expertise with proven qualities as a leader. You are able to develop your employees and to support a positive feedback culture. You are used to solve difficult situations in a constructive manner as well as to deal with the challenges of a multicultural team thanks to your communication and negotiating skills. You are a proactive, service- and result oriented person and able to work effectively in a dynamic environment. Your success is also based on your openness to new ideas, your large portion of self-initiative, creative thinking and the willingness to see beyond. In addition you have excellent verbal and written French and English skills.
The job holder reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will be located at Geneva Airport. The position is now available.
Should you be interested, please send your complete application file, by e-mail only (avoid
hotmail addresses) to firstname.lastname@example.org (word, pdf or jpg format).
In order to be able to consider your application, please mention the title of the position and
the reference (Réf.) in the subject of your e-mail.
Should you not get any news from us within 4 weeks, please consider that your application
has not been selected.