dnata is an international provider of ground handling services present in 131 airports across 84 countries with its head office in Dubai. dnata Switzerland has been providing ground handling services at the international airports of Zurich and Geneva for over 50 years.
For our Management Team in Switzerland we are currently looking for a qualified
Managing Director (100%)
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and ensure implementation of the Medium Term Plan strategy in the specific business as well as develop the business strategy of the specific country to maximize the long term financial performance and cash generation of the business in line with regional strategy.
- Identify and deliver growth opportunities for organic growth for dnata in the business, including new business streams and implement opportunities to grow dnata’s business profitably by retaining and increasing yield on current contracts and securing new profitable contracts.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operational performance of the business, to comply with all local legal regulations, customer SLA’s and dnata global policies and standards.
- Develop, present and deliver annual budget targets (consolidated profit and loss statement, balance sheet and cash flow).
- Manage and report performance vs. budget on monthly basis.
- Responsible for ensuring proper and adequate financial controls are in place.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders to optimize dnata’s business outcomes in the business, including airport authorities and various regulatory authorities.
- Represent the business in all matters involving operations, various regulatory & legal authorities, promptly informing the Board and RCEO on any matters that could have material impact on the operation within the business
- Drive the implementation of one dnata initiatives in Switzerland including: IMS, Safety Hub, CMS, IT Strategy and Corporate Governance.
- Lead, engage and motivate management and staff to optimize business performance and create a positive culture that embodies the dnata values.
- You want to work in a culturally diverse, fast-moving, performance-oriented environment and demonstrate your leadership qualities. You are keen to stay tuned to daily operations and the staff while being able to drive change, improvement and innovation. Mutual respect and an open dialogue with all levels of hierarchy and stakeholders are important to you.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 12 years of experience in airport operations with a ground handling / Cargo company or an international airline, including at least 6 years in a managerial role
- Outstanding knowledge of all aspects of airport handling operations, as well as strong business acumen to oversee all aspects of each company's business
- Fluent in English as well as French or German (oral & written)
- Strong leadership, negotiation and communication skills with a team player attitude
- Outstanding Project Management and customer relations skills
- Advanced Budget and Cost Control Knowledge
- Sound decision-making, proactive initiative-taking and a can-do attitude to implement solutions
The job holder reports to the Regional CEO and this position is located either in Geneva or Zurich.
Should you be interested, please apply via our global recruitment tool: