«Internal/EK Group Candidates only»
Head of Operations Support & Innovation / «Internal/EK Group Candidates only»
The Head of Operations Support & Innovation is responsible for the successful management of dnata Switzerland’s Operations Support Organization allowing operational and corporate units to optimally function and develop in full conformance with internal business goals, strategies and budget guidelines. This includes the line management role of the functional leads of the Operations Support Organization: Business Technology & Innovation, GSE Management, Resource Planning and Training & Environment.
Yourmain t asks and responsibilities:
• Ensure a “just-in-time” business planning approach in all areas (e.g. manpower / GSE) strictly based on operational demand by maximizing and leveraging on resource cross-utilization and multi-skilling
• Provide Head of Operations and Executive Management with tools & analysis on actual performance and forecast of future demand and prepare strategic decision-making to ensure the company’s capacity to transform and develop in line with market demand
• Oversee and manage portfolio of dnata’s Business Technology (BT) application and infrastructure landscape as well as the Business Innovation (BI) and Digital Transformation (DT) projects as a central owner
• Ensure constant availability of relevant BT applications and IT infrastructure to guarantee 24/7 mission-readiness
• Scout new business technologies, tools and facilities and prepare adoption / CAPEX recommendations (RFI, RFQ, Business Case) to senior management for investment and project approval.
• Ensure adequate establishment, development, documentation, maintenance and adherence to governing business support processes (incl. procurement and vendor management, sustainability aspects etc.)
• Line management of all employees within the area of responsibility
You want to work in a culturally diverse, fast-moving, performance-oriented environment and demonstrate your technological aptitude and business planning skills while driving a motivated team of experts. You are keen to act as the key point of contact towards internal & external stakeholders for operations support, development and innovation:
• Min. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Business Economics, Business Engineering or a comparable field
• Demonstrated leadership experiences of a minimum of 5 years in the aviation or logistics industry with a track record of successful project delivery, change management and resource management / business planning responsibilities
• Strong affinity for business & information technology and digital transformation
• Knowledge of complex airport & cargo handling processes
• Strong leadership, negotiation and communication skills with a team player attitude
• Sound decision-making, proactive initiative-taking and a can-do attitude to implement solutions
• Innovative spirit, ability to see the big picture and thinking outside the box
• Proficiency in English – German and/or French knowledge is advantageous
• Willingness to travel if required
• Right to live and work in Switzerland
The job holder reports to the COO. This position can be located at both stations in Switzerland and is open to current employees of the Emirates Group only.
Should you be interested, please send your motivation letter and CV via e-mail until August 4, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.